ASO on iOS. Part 3.

Posted by

It has been about a month since I started this series of entries. I have updated the keywords one other time (at the same time that I fixed a defect). Basically, I removed keywords that weren’t tracking and added new keywords from competitors or from Apple Search Ads recommendation. Basically following the exact same steps detailed in the first post of this series.

As you can see from the graph, the views for my app significantly increased. I did the second and last update to the keywords at the start of May, and you can notice that the change also provided a bump, although not as significant as the first one.

impressions

As far as installs, I have also gotten a few more. I didn’t expect a significant increase in installs. One thing is getting free impressions (which I have clearly done), but another is to get people to download your app. There are plenty of blog posts on how to improve your chances on somebody actually downloading the app. And maybe once I figure out a full proof way, I’ll start a blog series on it.

I went from 2 installs in the last 90 days to about 12 in the previous 30.

appunits

And notice the miserable conversion rates. I can probably improve this by updating the icon and providing better screenshots and descriptions.

conversion

Anyway, I am happy with the results. Let me know what you think and any other experiments you would like to see. The app, by the way, is TicTacZoo it was made using the fantastic and easy to lean Corona SDK.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.